7.9.15

10 Tips to Help Mothers Ease Up Their Mornings

10 Tips To Help Mothers Ease Up Their Mornings
Guest blogger Mansi Zaveri, founder of KidsStopPress.com, tells you how to create an effective morning schedule.

When people ask me why I don't answer my phone in the morning, my usual answer is, "I am on a marathon run and I can't stop to answer a call for anything that doesn't scream URGENT!" 

Tired of this running around, I decided to figure out a systematic method that would keep me from driving myself up the wall while I managed my children, their school timings and three different meal preparations - breakfast, children's lunch box and the family lunch. This also gave me some time to grab a cup of tea and read the newspaper, which suddenly made the day's chores seem easier. So here's my methodology to beat early morning stress and make the beginning of the day a little fun and easy-going.

1. DON'T MISS YOUR ALARM
I always prefer to get up early and have some "me" time. In this extra time, I finish my exercise routine, which uplifts my mood and makes me feel energetic too. It's important to take care of oneself and this routine works brilliantly.

2. FEED YOURSELF
Eat something before you start getting busy trying to get things in order. This will give you the required energy you need to handle all the early morning tantrums with ease. Grab a fruit or some dry fruits for instant energy.

3. PLAN A WEEKLY MENU
A planned menu helps in many ways. First, it saves time. And once you have the menu sorted, you can shop in advance and be ready with all the ingredients you need to prepare breakfast and lunch in time. This is an important process that helps you and all the others helping you with the kitchen (family members, house-help) know what's needed to be packed in the mornings.

4. WAKE THEM UP EARLIER
Try waking the children up at least 15 minutes earlier than usual or the amount of time you think they will need to get ready. Give them some time to soak in the morning and feel good about being home with the family. This will help them unwind and get over the initial grogginess.

5. MAKE A SPECIAL SCHOOL BOX
We devised this technique to be able to find all the things related to school easily. This definitely helps when children bring up things they need to take just as they are to leave home for school. This special box should be able to store everything that has anything to do with school, be it the school badges, pencils, erasers, library folders, books, safety pins and almost anything that you run around for at the last minute.

6. PLAY SOME MUSIC
Play your favourite music before your children are up and their favourite music after they are up. It will help keep their spirits high and happy.

7. TAKE HELP
Yes, children need mothers. But not everything needs to be done by you. So calm down and don't try to be a superwoman all the time. Ask your husband or the grandparents to chip in too.

8. EMERGENCY MUST-HAVES
These are things I always have in my bag as they are always handy, such as energy bars for the children, dry fruits, clips, pens, a hair brush and some tissues. If your children eat less at mealtimes, then an energy bar or dry fruits are perfect.

9. BE FLEXIBLE AND BEND SOME RULES
Yes, there are rules and they are important, but sometimes its also important for us to listen to our children. If they feel like breakfast first and a bath later, its okay. Listen to them so you that will be heard too. Pick and choose your battles.

10. LAUGH
There will always be a time when your children come up with a quirky line, spill some milk or forget some important art project that you spent all evening preparing. It's okay. Just take a breath and laugh it off. You can't possibly do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment