The heat is on and once exams are over, kids will have all the time in the world to do just as they please. As a parent, you know that nothing works up a child's appetite more than running about and playing with friends in the summer sun. So to help you satisfy your child's vacation cravings, we thought we'd bring you a list of refreshing quick-fix recipes by Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, as featured on RobinAge.com. (Click on the links for the complete recipe.)
QUICK SNACKS & MEALS
1. Aloo Anardana Chaat: This filling snack is made healthy with the goodness of pomegranate and fresh herbs.
2. Uttapam Sandwich: An old favourite with a new twist.
4. Sweet and Sour Vegetables: This Chinese restaurant-style dish goes superbly with steamed white rice. If you can't find some of the ingredients in your market, replace them with what is fresh and locally available.
5. Boondi and Makai Bhel: A perfect evening snack for when kids come in from play.
COOLING DRINKS & SWEET TREATS
6. Fruit and Nut Smoothie: Summer holidays aren't quite complete without some delicious mango treats!
7. Homemade Jaljeera: The classic summer cooler.
8. Carrot Orange Frappe: Cooling, delicious and chock-full of vitamins.
9. Black Grape Sherbet: Another superb sweet-salty summer cooler.
10. Golden Kiwi Shrikhand: Cooling yoghurt with a kiwi twist.