11.1.15

Kids Who Read: Shejuti Sengupta, Class 5, J B Petit High School for Girls, Mumbai

Kids Who Read: Shejuti Sengupta, Class 5, J B Petit High School for Girls, Mumbai
*While so many parents worry that reading is a dying art, we meet children every day who can't get enough of books. In this series, we feature book recommendations by kids, for kids.*

For Shejuti, books are more than just best friends. She says, "Books can never betray you. They can never leave you alone and they also have the power to change your mind. I love reading as I connect with books in some or the other way. They help me explore people’s lives and educate me about different experiences and situations. Reading gives me a sense of comfort and pleasure."

Speaking about the kinds of books she likes to read, Shejuti says, "I love reading classics and scientific books. It’s amazing how a writer can surprise a reader with these stories. I read the newspaper too as it keeps me updated with the latest events in society. Reading books has inspired me to take up writing as a profession in the future."

Shejuti's 5 All-time Favourite Books:
(Available on Amazon.in)

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell

For more book recommendations for kids, log on to the Books & Nooks section of RobinAge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment